I moved my right foot just to feel the ledge, and assess how far I was from the unending abyss below. I did not have nerve to look down. You see, seven floors up isn’t really the best place to be. Atleast not in the mood and circumstances I was in. My life had all the makings of a tragic Sanjay Leela Bhansali epic, and I did not know if I could live it any further.
I bring the watch up to eye-level, deliberately avoiding any glimpse of the ground below. 5.30pm. I should have been at Mumbai Central right now for my train back to Delhi.
When I see you, I run out of words, to say
I wouldn’t leave you..
“Arrghh!! Why now?!”
I take the cell phone out of my pocket. Dad? Strange. I doubt he has ever dialled this number in the past couple of years.
“Haan paa?”
“Err..Chintan from Academia had come to meet us a while back. He told us about your (sighs) hobby and claimed you were very good at photography. He was adamant to have you at the institute. He said he did not want to miss out on a talented kid like you.”
“But you..”
“I know. We had decided on you continuing your engineering there. But beta, some things in life are out of our control. We choose, we regret later. Your mother and I have fought enough over your choice of career. But we never thought about your wishes, about your aspirations in the process. We never paid attention to your opinion.”
“Aur maa?”, I asked hesitatingly.
“She’s in the bedroom, looking at your old photographs. Don’t worry, she’ll be all right. Has the train arrived?”
“ No paa. I’m on my way to the station. Will reach in a few minutes.”
“Chalo, we shall be waiting for you.”
Now this was something I had least expected. I looked up, and could see the orange bright outline of the white fluffs. Maybe this was a sign of good things to come. Maybe not all clouds have a silver lining.
Beep beep. Beep beep.
*This is where YOU come in. The story is set..all you need to do is end it. Think of a brilliant ending, a mind-numbing twist or any touch of yours you'd like to add, and let the story become yours. Tried racking my brains, but wanted to see stuff people can come up with. I hope you shall not disappoint me.*
i want to see ur ending! please! :D
ReplyDelete^^I know..seriously!!!!
ReplyDelete