So finally after a long wait, and much insistence/persistence, I have a blog too. I wasn’t really sure if the addition of another profile on the Web 2.0 (correct me if I’m wrong here) would do me any benefit, considering how addicted we are to our social networking pages, and how miserable we become in the absence of an Internet connection, even for a brief period. But then, there are some things you cannot resist, can you?
Here I am sitting at home, thinking of what my first blog post will be about. It kind of reminded me of Konkona Sen Sharma’s character writing her first article in ‘Wake Up Sid’, and thought to myself that her story (of coming from another city to Bombay..err..Mumbai, not falling in love with Sid) could make for a nice read, but decided against it as I’ve bored enough people with that already :P
Just in case you’re wondering why the strange blog title and site name, honestly, I started off with just “cins” and it wasn’t available. Popat. Cins was a nom de plume I created for myself way back in Class 9 (a very obvious root and almost a wordplay on ‘sins’) and something that has stuck since. So the very next name that came to my mind was “Cins and I”. Predictable? Self-centric? Not quite.
You see, every person in this world has two facets to his personality, his existence. One which he/she truly is, bare and straight-forward, unpretentious. Second, one he/she aspires to be, with the flaws hidden (like most sepia-toned photographs). It may not necessarily be a bad thing, but at times unavoidable. And facebook has only distanced the two further, requiring personal, one-on-one interactions to actually “know” the person better. Like one of The Chinmay Kamat’s web-log (it is supposed to be written that way, and will be in subsequent posts too) mentioned about being a people’s person, it actually boils down to this. Sometimes you have to end up fine-tuning your own self as it is impossible to get along with everyone. Not that you have to, but what is living in this world by your own self anyways? This fine-tuning could happen either through you, yourself or through your second facet.
So does it mean this blog, my facebook page, interactions with 480+ people and more are a farce? Not quite again. I have tried (and mostly succeeded) to keep the two facets one. One that defines me, one that IS me. However, there are a few things, and I’m sure it’s with most people, which are kept private/secured, only for a few to see. The above 3 sentences is what “staying true to oneself, and others” represents in my opinion.
Enough of the philo-talk. LOL. What can you expect from this blog you ask? Well, it could be a nice link I happened to StumbleUpon(pun intended), some poem I penned, or even ridiculous jokes (if I gather enough courage to post ‘em up here). Or something as stupid as this for my first post. Anything that randomly interests me, or even cins for that matter.
End of blog post one.
Needless to say, comments awaited J
okay firstly a little criticism about the template. the green on black hurts the eye a little. That might deter prospect readers for all you know, choose a subtler colour.
ReplyDeleteAs for the post, well written,to the point. Keep updating regularly is the only advice i can give.
Cheers!
Oye pratap I just told him yest to change the color. Too loud ! And someone liked green ! Saala partap ka suna !!
ReplyDeleteNice read. Unleash the poet in you.
yeahhhhh..finally you have a blog!!
ReplyDeletenow that this is done, update loads and loads.
and of course a nice introductory post indeed :D
@$m@rTPrEeT :i thought this was supposed to be the introductory post!
ReplyDeleteget rid of the blue it sucks
ReplyDeleteHey this is great work.. man, nice to see more SPians blogging. And I love the pic and the look of the blog. Keep up the work man.
ReplyDeleteAgrima
http://agrimajoshua.wordpress.com
welcome to the blogging world. make ur own USP here and ppl will read you more often.
ReplyDeleteone suggestion. try to make it more of ur blog and less of an SP-ite blog. i mean, yes, most of our posts are influenced heavily by our everyday colg life, but try to find a way out of it. Be a thorough SPite, but be a lil more than that too. stretch your horizons and write your heart out..
imagination has no limits..
expecting some cool posts from the 'coolest' guy in SP.
You have echoed my thoughts better than I would have been able to. Your writing is fantastic! :)
ReplyDelete