Tuesday, February 22, 2011

For the heck of it.

It has been a while since i updated this blog, so i thought i might as well put something up.

The last couple of months have been eventful really. Not in the physical, tangible sense of the term but more in the sense of experiences. A nice new year’s eve spent with family at home was something i’d missed last couple of years, thanks to MU (come to think of it, i haven’t celebrated Diwali at my new home yet :|). Then the IV happened. For whatever dissatisfaction with which i returned to Mumbai, the journey itself was gratifying. I did get to visit Kanyakumari and Goa, something i always wished and wanted to do(although i want to return to Goa, visit a lot more places with a lot less people(pardon the incorrect usage of grammar)).

College has been pretty boring to say the least. But preparation for MBA entrances has made me a little more thoughtful about my future, and prospects that await me. There is one side of my brain which says the decisions i take now, the choices i make, will directly affect what i shall be eventually doing a couple of years down the line. The other keeps telling me to keep my calm and let things fall into place on their own, instead of worrying about them.

It becomes easier for some, doesn’t it? People with Microsoft internships (something i can only dream of really) or a Dartmouth admit. Barring the variable named uncertainty, they do have a direction charted out, something to look forward to.

As for all the senti stuff i dished out in a couple of posts previously, things seem to be much less perturbing now. Equations have altered, a few old ones have strengthened, a few new ones, i hope, will pass the test of time. A quote by Marilyn Monroe i happened to come across kind of put a lot of things in perspective for me.

“Everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

Brilliance, ain't it?

PS – I intended to write on my first experience of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival before this post. Turns out there’s too much to write, and my narrative isn’t really appealing either :P

2 comments:

  1. I see who are the people you are pointing out to. But seriously,everything is hyped beyond reason (me too haz something now,so I know :) )

    Also,I too want to go Goa! Less people,on the cycle,wandering and wandering. Aah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe I haven't read this post.. or maybe I did but didn't comment...
    College is B-O-R-I-N-G.
    dunno why but it is, makes no sense coming to college, now that even IEEE is gettin over, everything seems pointless.

    And although I am one of the ppl u name( i know i shudnt feel guilty abt it but still :P ), i know how it was before i did get it, but even then u just need to be determined abt what u wish to do....things always are meant to fall in place. :)

    and wat a quote..lovely it is..i can relate to it now :)
    and i hve no kaam..such a long comment!
    come back with a nice long cinjal post da!

    ReplyDelete