Saturday, October 23, 2010

Trust is a lie..

Friends are the ones worth living for,
Was what i had always heard and read.
But i remained skeptical, for trust is a lie,
So i paced on life’s path, yet cautiously tread.

The paths were intimidating, and the roads difficult
A few good ones’ support made it seem easy.
Their helping hands and friendly jibes,
Made even a hot, sultry day seem breezy.

On my way though, i felt a shooting pain
I froze as it drove right through my spine.
But it was my friends who came to my rescue
Their healing touch followed, and everything seemed fine.

I wondered if this was what friendship meant,
The unconditional love when we fall.
I wondered if these were angels God had sent,
I wondered why then do we have adversaries at all?

Each moment of my journey felt gratifying,
The imminent success seemed sweeter than a gale’s song.
Unaware of the greys that existed in this world,
The pain struck again, and this time it was strong.
But this time no one budged, nobody moved,
That’s when i knew something, somewhere had gone wrong.
I had failed to notice the pretense all along.

They pointed and laughed, sniggered and joked,
As i stumbled a little, and eventually fell on my track.
And just before the light faded away, I saw one of them
Pull out the knife they’d wedged inside my back.

PS a bit amateurish,but i did try. and the ideas were mostly inspired from someone else,mixed them with mine.comments please!

3 comments:

  1. Poems are beautiful. They bring out the exact feelings and exhibit the pain and thoughts perfectly. And writing them gives unparalleled relief.
    Write. Exhale. And breathe in again. And write it out again. Simple way to live.
    As for people, try to expect less. You will be happier to then get more than expected.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like happy endings. It is a little confusing, but I aint no poet..Good attempt nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good attempt indeed.
    Though I thoroughly suggest, a few happy posts ahead. Too much sadness is happening Cinjal. You know it's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete